High in the Himalayan ranges of Garhwal hills of Uttaranchal lies an enchanted valley. Here flower pastures with clear running streams are set against silver birches and shining snow peak. Legends associate this valley with the area from where Hanumanji of Ramayana collected. ‘Sanjeevani’ herbs to revive Lakshmana, the younger brother of Rama. Hanuman had to visit far-flung areas in his search for the life-saving herbs, some named after him.” Make your chardham yatra memorable by doing yatra along with valley of flowers. Book with chalo chardham at the best affordable prices today!
• Neat, clean, accommodation on Double and Triple sharing basis.
• Meal – Breakfast & Dinner (Veg meals on Fixed Menu) .
• All point to point sight-seeing as per given program possible in time frame.
• Transportation from Haridwar to Haridwar (for the designated meeting point). AC will not run in the hills.
• All toll, tax, parking and driver allowances are included.
• 5 % Govt. Service Tax.
• Personal expenses like portages, tips, laundry, mineral water etc.
• Any activity not mentioned in the inclusions
• Pony charges on direct basis.
• Travel / personal health insurance
• Other expenses incurred due to bad weather, road closure, landslides etc. and anything not specified in cost included.
• Charges for AC / Heater will be extra and as per hotel to hotel basis.
• AC will not operate on Hills. Ac will only operate from Delhi – Haridwar & Hardwar to Delhi only.
• Government Service Tax (GST) will be extra only.
• Vehicle Charges are inclusive of all toll taxes / parking and driver allowance.
Tour Duration : 10 Night & 11 Days
Destinations : Haridwar – Jankichatti (2N) – Uttarkashi (2N) – Phata (2N) – Badrinath (1N) – Ghangariya (2N)– Joshimath (1N) – Haridwar
Day 01 : Haridwar – Barkot / Jankichatti (210 kms / 07 hrs)
After breakfast proceed to Barkot via Mussoorie. En route visit Kempty fall. Upon arrival check in into the hotel, rest of the day is at leisure. Dinner and overnight stay at Barkot. No activities Reach Barkot and have proper rest.
Day 02 : Jankichatti – Yamunotri- Jankichatti (6 Kms & 5 Kms Trek) Each side
Morning leave from Janki Chatti via Hanuman Chatti & Fool Chatti. On arrival Janki Chatti start Trek of 05 kms for Yamunotri, On Arrive Yamunotri Holi Dip in Garam Kund, than Pooja and Darshan of Shree Yamunotri Ji, after Darshan and Pooja, afternoon start trek back to Janki Chatti on arrival Janki Chatti meet with driver and drive back to hotel for Overnight stay.
Day 03 : Jankichatti – Uttarkashi (130kms/5-6hr)
Drive to Uttarkashi. Visit Vishwanath Temple & Others. Check in Hotel. Rest day at leisure. Night Halt. Uttarkashi – Uttarkashi is a small and beautiful town, situated between two rivers; Varuna and Ashi, whose water flow into the Bhagirathi from either side of the town. Elevated, at a height of 1588 meters, this little town is very similar to Kashi and Varanasi, in that it has the same kind of temples and ghats and likewise, a north or ‘uttar’ facing river. Overnight stay at hotel.
Day 04 : Uttarkashi – Ganganani- Gangotri – Harsil – Uttarkashi (120Kms / 05 hrs) round trip
After breakfast leave for Gangotri early in the morning. Offering prayers & pooja darshan, later drive back to Uttarkashi , en route visit Gangnani & Harsil. Overnight stay at Uttarkashi.
Day 05 : Uttarkashi – Phata/Sitapur (290kms/8-9hr)
Morning after breakfast proceed to long drive to Sitapur via Guptkashi. On your drive you would pass through Tehri Dam (The Hydro Electric Project). Overnight stay in the hotel at Phata/Sitapur.
Day 06 : Sitapur -Gaurikund – Kedarnath – eve back to – Sitapur(10 Kms/ 1/2 hrs & 17 Kms/ 6-7 hrs)
Morning drive to Gaurikund (16 kms drive-one way). On arrival Gaurikund start your journey on the tough trek ahead. On arrival Kedarnath freshening up, perform Pooja and also Darshan at Shri Kedarnathji. This evening we are staying in Kedarnath Ji in govt provided camps or huts (Clients Own arrangement ). Amidst the dramatic mountains capes of the majestic Kedarnath range stands one of the twelve ‘Jyotirlingas’ of Kedar or Lord Shiva. Lying at an altitude of 3584 mts. on the head of river Mandakini, the shrine of Kedarnath is amongst the holiest pilgrimages for the Hindus. Or If you can take local transport such as horse or doli for your ride then same day return from Kedarnath ji Darshan and night stay at hotel.
Day 07 : Sitapur – Badrinath (220 kms / 07-08 hrs)
Morning after breakfast proceed to Badrinath via Joshimath, (Narsimha Temple, Sankaracharaya Math) Badrinath. Evening Darshan & Pooja at Badrinath temple. Overnight stay at Badrinath.
Rituals & Activities: Early Morning take a holy dip in Tapt Kund , Have again Darshan of Badri Vishal if time allows otherwise Important visit to Nag Nagin Pith (One of the important place in India for Sarp kal Dosh Nivaran ) , Short Visit to Mana Village (Vyas Cave , Ganesha Cave , Keshav Prayag , Darshan of Sarasawati Udgam (origin) ), Charan Paduka Darshan , ,Short visit of Ekadasi Gufa & hanuman Gufa.
Day 08 : Badrinath – Govindghat – Ghanghria
In the morning after breakfast do local sightseen , check out from the hotel and then drive to Govindghat , and thereon trek to Ghanghria . overnight at hotel at Ghanghria.( 7 Kms trek; 3 hrs walking ) Ghangaria is a base camp to Valley of Flowers . Since valley of flowers is a biosphere reserve and camping is not allowed there. So we will spend our night at Ghanhria.
Things to DO.
Rituals & Activities :
Early Morning take a holy dip in Tapt Kund , Have again Darshan of Badri Vishal if time allows otherwise Important visit to Nag Nagin Pith (One of the important place in India for Sarp kal Dosh Nivaran ) , Short Visit to Mana Village (Vyas Cave , Ganesha Cave , Keshav Prayag , Darshan of Sarasawati Udgam (origin) ), Charan Paduka Darshan Short visit of Ekadasi Gufa & hanuman Gufa. View of Vishnu Prayag ,Nandprayag , Karnprayag while returning back to Rudraprayag.
Badrinath: Cradled in the twin Mountain ranges of Nar and Narayan is the holiest of the four main shrines – Badrinath along the left bank of river Alaknanda with the towering Neelkantha Peaks as the splendid backdrop. Once the spot was carpeted with ‘badris’ or wild berries and hence was famous as Badri van. Legend has it, when the Ganga was requested to descend to earth to help suffering humanity; the earth was enable to withstand the force of its decent. Therefore the mighty Ganga was split into 12 holy channels. Alaknanda was one of them that later became the abode of Lord Vishnu or Badrinath.
Narad Kund: A recess in the river, near Tapt Kund, forming a pool from where the Badrinath idol was recovered.
Brahama Kapal: It is a flat platform a few yards north of the temple and on the bank of river Alaknanda. It is an important place for shhradh ceremony or offering of pinds to ensure a heavenly place for dead ancestors or manes. It is said that offering pind here, the manes are permanently enshrined in heaven and no more pinds are to be done elsewhere ever afterwards. Legends have it that when Shiva chopped of the fifth head of Brahma, it got stuck to his trident. Lastly with the blessing of Lord Vishnu at Badrivan, the head of Brahma fell down from the trident at this place & hence the name Brahma-Kapal (head).
Sheshnetra: It is a large block of stone between toward small seasonal lakes carrying an eye of “Sheshnag” The eye formation is quite natural, 1.5kms. away is a boulder having an impression of the legendary serpent, better known as the Sheshnag’s eye, it is believed that the seshnag waits at this place patiently to accompany the lord on his reincarnation.
Mana Village: Inhabited by an Indo-Mongolian tribe, it is the last Indian village before Tibet. The women of the village offer Choli to the deity on closing day of the temple each year.
Bhim Pul: On the other side of Mana village, a massive rock forming a natural bridge, lies over the roaring Saraswati river. It presents a spectacular view of water thundering down through the narrow passage under the rock and is believed to have been placed there by Bhim, the second eldest among the five Pandava brothers.
Vyas Gufa (cave): Near Mana Village, this is a rock-cave where Ved Vyas is believed to have composed the Mahabharata and the pauranic commentaries.
Rudraprayag: It is the confluence of river Mandakini and river Alaknanda. Temples: Rudranath and Chamunda Devi, Koteshwar Temple (3 Kms). Rituals & Activities : Joshimath, Narshimha Temple , Pandukeshwar Udhav Mandir (Also Called Yog dhyan Badri), Vridh Badri.
Day 09 : Ghangaria – Valley of Flower – Ghangaria (5.5kms/6hr each side)
After breakfast, excursion to Hemkund Sahib (4239 mtr) and visit Gurdwara of Guru Gobind Singh Jee. It is believed that the tenth guru of Sikhs have meditated here in his previous birth. A gurdwara stands here in his memory on the bank of a sacred lake. Later back to hotel/Camps. Overnight stay at hotel/Camps.
Day 10 : Ghangariya – Joshimath
After breakfast, proceed to Joshimath. Enjoy nature beauty. Overnight stay at hotel.
Day 11 : Joshimath- Devprayag –Haridwar Drop(140 kms/05hr)
After breakfast drive to Haridwar enroute visit Devprayag , Rishikesh (Ram Jhula & Laxman Jhula, Gita Mandir, do rafting). Drop at Haridwar railway station .
|Days||Night Stay||Standard Hotel(2 Star Category)||Deluxe Hotel(3 Star Category)||Luxury Hotel(4-5 Star Category)|
|1||Jankichatti||Atithi Niwas, Hotel Raturi or Similar||Durga Resort , Yamunotri Resorts or Similar||Camp Nirvana, Yamunotri Resorts or Similar|
|2||Jankichatti||Atithi Niwas, Hotel Raturi or Similar||Durga Resort , Yamunotri Resorts or Similar||Camp Nirvana, Yamunotri Resorts or Similar|
|3||Uttarkashi||Hotel Shivananda, Hotel Gangaputra or Similar||Hotel Mahima Resort, Hotel 5 Elements or Similar||Hotel Shivlinga, Monal Hotel or Similar|
|4||Uttarkashi||Hotel Shivananda, Hotel Gangaputra or Similar||Hotel Mahima Resort, Hotel 5 Elements or Similar||Hotel Shivlinga, Monal Hotel or Similar|
|5||Sitapur/Phata||Hotel Paradise, Jagat Raj or Similar||Raj Palace , Camp Nirvana or Similar||Hotel Shivalik valley, Adhya Vill or Similar|
|6||Sitapur/Phata||Hotel Paradise, Jagat Raj or Similar||Raj Palace , Camp Nirvana or Similar||Hotel Shivalik valley, Adhya Vill or Similar|
|7||Sitapur/Phata||Hotel Paradise, Jagat Raj or Similar||Raj Palace , Camp Nirvana or Similar||Hotel Shivalik valley, Adhya Vill or Similar|
|8||Badrinath||Hotel Janki, Hotel Rajasthan or Similar||Snow Crest , Badrivilla or Similar||Hotel Sarovar Portico or Similar|
|9||Ghangaria||Hotel Kuber or Similar||Hotel Kuber or Similar||Hotel New Kuber or Similar|
|10||Joshimath||Hotel Dronagiri or Similar||Hotel Mount View(Standard Room) or Similar||Hotel Mount View(Deluxe Room) or Similar|
• Prior Hotel Bookings is a must.
• Carry Heavy Woolen Clothes including Sweaters, Woolen Thermal Body Warmers, Trousers, Jackets, Gloves, Caps, Mufflers any other Cold Fighting Apparel.
• Also Wind Sheeters, Raincoats, Sleeping Bags, Blankets, Water Proof Shoes with sufficient Grips, small Water Proof Tents, Torch with sufficient Batteries and Walking Sticks should also be carried. Ladies are advised to wear Body Hugging Clothing like Salwar Kamiz, Pants etc instead of Sarees.
• Carry Dry Eatable Stocks with you like Biscuits, Sugar, Candies, Chocolates, Milk Powder, Assorted Dry Fruits, Honey, Lemons and Tinned Foods with other items suiting your palates.
• Trek only on hill-side, avoid trekking or standing on valley side, as Pony (Horse) coming from opposite direction may push you down to the valley which may cause serious casualty.
• Only Registered Pony Walla, Porter, Dandy Man may be hired as they are available for prefixed tariffs.
• While Trekking, Trek slowly and steadily.
• Instructions of Yatra officer should be strictly followed. Respect customs of locals.
• You should Carry sufficient Money to pay for your Personal Expenses during the journey.
• It is always advisable to carry your own Personal Medical prescribe by the doctore if you are ill, or can take some medicine like painkillers, iodex etc.
• While hiring Pony / Doli / Local Laborer if Tea / take care of them also so they provide better services or take more care of you.
• Don’t throw wrappers of Snacks,Biscuits etc on road or in the Forest Trek during journey it you eat anything that keep the wrappers in your pocket and throw when you find dustbin.
• Places where Warning Signs be carefull.
• Don’t break Traffic rules in the hills.
• Heavy Jewellery and other expensive ornaments during journey.
• Don’t go to the Rivers on the way.
• Alcohol/Non-veg is strictly prohibited.
• Don’t compete with local vehicles / drivers while driving. They know the terrain very well.